Thursday, August 7, 2014

Looking for the Perfect Shade of Foundation...My personal struggle!

When it comes to finding the right shade for your skin, it can really be a hassle...trust me I know. I never know what my actual skin color is and I end up picking a shade too light or too dark and I'm all over the place trying to find that right shade. Today, my prayers were finally answered. I was at the Duane Reade in the Manhattan, looking for the shade I need, MY shade. There were Beauty Advisors who were extremely helpful and helping my find the shade that I needed.

No. 7 Protect and Perfect Foundation, SPF 15, Mocha.

She was telling me about a particular brand called No. 7 which is an England brand that is only sold in Walgreen's and Duane Reade. This is the first time I ever heard of this brand because it wasn't the typical brand that I'm use to using but I'm always up for using a new product to find that right shade. What she is used a machine called a "Shade Matcher" (Don't quote me, the name of it might be wrong.) Where they put the machine towards your face and find that shade that matches your skin tone. It actually work, they found my shade and I'm a Mocha (YAY!!) shade. She then showed me how the shade looked on my face and when she did that, It actually blended in with my skin tone I was so happy.

In my head, I was jumping for joy because I can finally put a name to my skin color, I was so close to buy it because it was $14.99 which is a very good price for high quality drugstore makeup but I didn't really have enough to get it but I do plan on buying it for my cruise next week. This was a true life saver moment for my face because I had such a hard time looking all over the place just to find a foundation that's even remotely close to my skin tone and I finally found it!! I do plan on buying it very soon and I hope to try more make up products from No 7.

Have you ever had that problem where finding the right shade of foundation isn't the best one but when you find that right shade, you are on cloud 9?? I know I am!! They even gave me a little sample for myself so I can remember the shade when I get it which was nice of them to do for me. The sliver lining was finally found and I have my perfect foundation that I can't wait to buy.  If you want to check out any No7 Products, Check out: http://www.walgreens.com/q/boots-no-7 Maybe you can find your perfect shade.

XOXO,

1 comment:

  1. They do something like that at Sephora. They put a machine on my face and it told me what number my skin color was and they had a list of foundations and tinted moisturizers that matched! PS I'm pretty sure I've seen no. 7 at Target.

    ReplyDelete