I was please to have my first guest post from Michelle Pino, an employee from a Spa in Upstate New York called Skana. I was very happy that she pinch this blog post to me about taking care of your skin in the summer and making a homemade skin care recipe. I hope you all enjoy this post because I enjoy reading it.
Garden Variety Natural Summer Skin Care
Summer is that enthralling time of year characterized by outdoor barbecues and lazy days spent at the beach. Although the warmth and sunshine are part of what makes the season special, these summer elements are known to wreak havoc on the skin that is seen many years after the initial damage is inflicted. While one cannot spend one's life in a bubble, there are ways to minimize summer's harsh effects through the application of soothing natural skin care products.
Do It Yourself Summer Skin Care
People are becoming more aware of the dangers of the parabens and petrochemicals prevalent in today's popular skin care product brands, and many have decided to take matters into their own hands literally. That's right; many times they are skipping the expensive yet safer, commercially available “natural” skin care products and are heading straight to the kitchen cupboard this summer. Here is what they know.
· Natural ingredients containing antioxidants fight free radicals even externally
· Antioxidants are more effective when used fresh
· Natural fruit acids gently exfoliate skin
· Natural oils help skin retain moisture
A super nourishing, after beach skin care mask embodies all four of the elements of great natural skin care listed above, and happily, all the ingredients for the mask are common to the average kitchen pantry. The spa experts of New York resort, Turning Stone, developed the below luxurious skin mask.
To make this luxurious skin mask, you’ll need:
1 good-sized tomato
half of a lime
- The tomato should be squeezed into juice with its pulp to obtain a quarter cup of the juice; an additional tomato should be used if the original tomato is not large enough to yield a quarter cup of juice.
- The avocado should be peeled and mashed to garner one cup, and two of them may be needed to yield the required one cup.
- After squeezing the lime to get one tablespoon of fresh juice, mix the three ingredients to form the skin mask.
- Prior to applying the rich mixture to the skin, rinse the face with warm water to open pores. Afterwards, the mixture should be immediately applied in a generous portion to the face and remain on the face for thirty-five to forty minutes. During that time, it is normal for the skin to tingle largely due to the exfoliating effects of the fruit acid in the tomato and lime juice. After the allotted time has expired, rinse the face with warm water and follow it with cold water to close up the pores.
The result of using this completely safe all natural mask is soft, smooth, and glowing skin with no traces of summer sun damage. The fresh antioxidants and gentle fruit acids serve to brighten, purify, and erase the lines caused by the harsh summer ultraviolet rays. The resulting softness definitely comes from the natural oils in the avocado. This guacamole style skin mask is the perfect ending to a day spent enjoying sunny sea breezes at the beach or a walk at one's favorite park.